Words can’t even describe how amazing this past week has been. Since I haven’t been able to blog after our short trips, I have picked my Top 5 favorite moments of the week.
Oh, and they are in no particular order.
1. Punting on the Cam River with my cohort, mom, and Dr. “Daddy” Davis (our supervisor, Asst. Dean of the COE & the coolest guy you’ll ever meet). After an extremely long day in London the day before, it was amazing to relax on the river and learn about the different Colleges that make up Cambridge University. Fun fact: the original copy of Winnie the Pooh is housed at the Library at Trinity College. Apparently, “one would rather go to Oxford, than St. John’s College”; St. John’s is a tad snooty we were told.
2. My cohort, team, the ladies and my mom coming to visit! I could not have asked for a better group to travel with. They are the sweetest, most fun, and intelligent ladies you’ll ever meet! Plus, it was so fun to have my mom the first weekend there with me! I’m impressed with her impromptu adventure skills she accrued!
3. The British Museum. You know the saying, if it is fo’ free, it is fo’ me. Especially in the UK, where the exchange rate is 1.6. Woof. But in all seriousness, the Museum was awesome. You can easily get lost inside. My favorite was the actual mummies and the decayed body.
4. My Belgium Waffle in Cambridge. I mean look at the picture, enough said.
5. The Tower of London Tour. It was so great, we bought a year membership so we can bring our boyfriends, fiances, and husbands back. Our tour guide knew all the words to OKLAHOMA and sang it with pride, he made fun of Americans, and actually knew the history with his whole heart. The Bell Tower is located here. Legit.
I am confident I am going to have many more Top 5s.
We have planned so far: Oxford Half Marathon, tickets to see Wicked, Dublin, Rome, and castles in London! We still have to plan for Paris and possibly Barcelona if our budgets insist.
Oh, and how about that game last night, Cowboys? GO POKES! I am sure missing Cowboy football right now!